- Designer: Yvonne Mouser
- Provenance: North America, 21st Century
- Expected Lifespan: Built to last for lifetimes to come with proper care
- Designed in Oakland, CA and handmade in Pennsylvania by the Amish
- Dimensions: 2' 3" L x 1' 2" W x 1' 6" H
- Hand made and hand sanded by the Amish, a revered group of makers known for their impeccable heirloom quality, craftsmanship, and durability who eschew modern conveniences (namely electricity) and use pneumatic tools powered by compressed air when needed
- The works each feature a bent wood handle and natural finish containing low to no VOCs
- The solid ash was sourced by the Amish in the eastern United States and is FSC-certified
What Have We Here ?
A traditional Amish community in Pennsylvania is responsible for milling and joining the soft-hued ash wood of this work of furniture. The design itself is from the mind of Yvonne Mouser who developed the first prototype over a decade ago for her sister’s wedding. This may seem like a simple piece, but each detail has been thoughtfully developed over many iterations to offer a final product that is both refined and reliable.
How to Use It ?
Where would this sturdy seat that doubles as a small coffee table fit in your living space? If you’re not sure, that’s just fine because this piece is ready to move at a moment’s notice. Although, we do ask that you move it gently and resist the urge to swing it around the room in a joyful interpretive dance.
Why It Matters ?
In creating the Double Bucket Stool, Yvonne Mouser was inspired by the purity of simple things and the desire to create a graduated (and more sustainable) version of the ubiquitous 5-gallon plastic bucket. This piece proudly embodies the character of the wood, the honesty of the work that brought it into being, and its heirloom-worthy construction in order to withstand the test of time.