- Designer: 57st. design
- Provenance: North America, 21st Century
- Expected Lifespan: Built to last 70+ years with proper care
- Designed and constructed in Chicago, IL
- Dimensions: 6' 10" L x 2' 11" W x 2' 6" H
- All products are comprised of solid hardwood walnut
- Wood is a combination of FSC-Certified, repurposed or recycled
- Low-to-no VOC paints and varnishes
- No toxic outputs are created during the manufacturing of 57st. design’s products
What Have We Here ?
The contemporary Kedzie Dining Table is ready to welcome everything from a spirited dinner party to a quiet night in. Comprised of two individual, angled, and rounded pieces, the pedestal base forms an architectural, visually fluid structure finished with a simple slab top. The combination creates a work that is as integral to a living and dining arrangement as it is intriguing.
How to Use It ?
A grand dinner party deserves a proper stage. Gather your guests around the Kedzie Table and you’ll surely draw the intrigue of your aesthetically-minded peers.
Why It Matters ?
57st. design is deeply rooted in Chicago’s South Side. By hiring formerly incarcerated individuals and providing training in new, specialized skills in its manufacturing facility, 57st design ensures that its success enrich the community it calls home.
In addition, 57st. believes in functional, straightforward design in whatever work of furniture they construct. They use solid hardwoods and hand-rubbed finishes, not only because they look amazing, but because in turn they allow for furniture that can be easily repaired, and thus furniture that’s more likely to last.
This is what an impact-driven and sustainable business looks like.