- Designer: 57st. design
- Provenance: North America, 21st Century
- Expected Lifespan: Built to last 70+ years with proper care
- Designed and constructed in Chicago, IL
- Dimensions: 64" W x 20" D x 37" H
- All products are comprised of solid hardwood walnut
- Wood is a combination of FSC-Certified, repurposed or recycled
- Low-to-no VOC paints and varnishes
- No toxic outputs are created during the manufacturing of 57st. design’s products
What Have We Here ?
Inspired by Mid-century Modern design, yet portraying an appearance all its own, the Forde Dresser was built with everyday storage in mind. Crafted from solid, American hardwood, this dresser has deep drawers to hold even the bulkiest of holiday sweaters.
How to Use It ?
Your collection of long-lasting and ethically-fabricated clothing deserves a fitting home. Conveniently place your folded garments into this solid hardwood and walnut chest of drawers, and pull them out again with an effortlessly smooth glide when it’s time for the next night out.
Why It Matters ?
57st. design is deeply rooted in Chicago’s South Side. By hiring formerly incarcerated individuals and providing training in new, specialized skills in its manufacturing facility, 57st. design ensures that its success enrich the community it calls home.
In addition, 57st. believes in functional, straightforward design in whatever work of furniture they construct. They use solid hardwoods and hand-rubbed finishes, not only because they look amazing, but because in turn they allow for furniture that can be easily repaired, and thus furniture that’s more likely to last.
This is what an impact-driven and sustainable business looks like.