- Designer: Malawi Cane
- Provenance: Africa, 21st Century
- Classic: 22" W x 22" D x 46" H (Seat Height: 30.7")
- Traditional: 26" W x 21" D x 44" H (Seat Height: 31.1")
- Every chair also includes a plush linen and down-filled cushion
- There is no assembly required for this item
- This product is comprised of handwoven cane and solid wood
- Timeless Aesthetic: This item is ageless in aesthetic, avoiding obsolescence, limited use, or an otherwise shortened lifespan due to changing styles and trends
- Cyclical in Use: This work is made with materials that promote a circular economy, including raw materials that are durable, easy to repair, and able to be recycled
What Have We Here ?
Malawi Cane offers exceptionally crafted cane furniture that is 100% authentic and handmade by master craftspeople using generations-old weaving techniques that take on average more than a week to produce just one item. Here at ZZ, we are thrilled to be their exclusive American partner, and we are beyond proud to offer these exquisite examples of craftsmanship, history and quality. With your choice of silhouettes and weaving styles, these pieces present a multitude of options for durable, thoughtfully constructed design in any room of your home.
How to Use It ?
This stool’s organic and sturdy frame is designed to stand up to all your goings on, whether it be brunches, evening cocktails, or simply quiet mornings, all while maintaining its visual spirit. Add some handcrafted panache to your island counter, drafting table, or more with the addition of this well-made and conversation-worthy work.
Bonus: Every chair also includes a plush linen and down-filled cushion so the conversation and creativity never need to cease.
Why It Matters ?
Every Malawi Cane piece is woven using indigenous and natural, organic cane. Local supply chains and thus locally-sourced materials are vital to ensuring these works are made using environmentally-sound production methods that reduce the risk of unnecessary emissions and energy usage. Additionally, organic cane is known to last for generations with proper care. We recommend dusting these works regularly with a soft cloth or soft bristle brush to enhance their sheen.