- Designer: 57st. design
- Provenance: North America, 21st Century
- Expected Lifespan: Built to last 70+ years with proper care
- Designed and constructed in Chicago, IL
- Dimensions: 3' 3.25" L x 3' 3.25" W x 1' 1.5" H
- All products are comprised of solid hardwood walnut
- Wood is a combination of FSC-Certified, repurposed or recycled
- Low-to-no VOC paints and varnishes
- No toxic outputs are created during the manufacturing of 57st. design’s products
What Have We Here ?
The Ashland Coffee table was designed with organization in mind. Simple trays seamlessly blend into its surface for easy sorting of books, devices, and whatever other objects your heart desires.
How to Use It ?
Center your common space around this conveniently functional, yet uniquely handsome coffee table. Any interior will easily incorporate the addition of this hand-finished and hardwood walnut work of furniture.
Why It Matters ?
57st. design is deeply rooted in Chicago’s South Side. By hiring formerly incarcerated individuals, and through providing training and new, specialized skills in its manufacturing facility, 57st design ensures that its profits enrich the community it calls home.
In addition, 57st. believes in functional, straightforward design in whatever work of furniture they construct. They use solid hardwoods and hand-rubbed finishes, not only because they look amazing, but because in turn they allow for furniture that can be easily repaired, and thus furniture that’s more likely to last.
This is what an impact-driven and sustainable business looks like.