- Designer: 57st. design
- Provenance: North America, 21st Century
- Expected Lifespan: Built to last 70+ years with proper care
- Designed and constructed in Chicago, IL
- Small - 1' 3" L x 1' W x 2' H
- Large - 1' 11.5" L x 1' 8.5" W x 1' 6” H
- Made to Order: This piece is made to order just for you!
- Ineligible for Return: Once purchased, this design cannot be returned
- Lead Time: Please allow 6-8 weeks for production and delivery
- White-Glove Delivery: This item ships anywhere within the continental United States and will be unpackaged and installed as you wish
- All products are comprised of solid hardwood walnut
- Wood is a combination of FSC-Certified, repurposed or recycled
- Low-to-no VOC paints and varnishes
- No toxic outputs are created during the manufacturing of 57st. design’s products
What Have We Here ?
With its organic shape and fluid curves, one wouldn’t guess the Tangent Table’s design was created digitally. The top’s shape was derived from a series of intersecting circles and is supported at three key points to anchor its free-flowing yet classic design.
How to Use It ?
Like the best tools, a good table becomes an extension of its owner’s life. Catching your ceramic mug as as you turn the page of a book, or holding the device you find you’re always looking for, this stalwart is ready to accommodate those tiny, yet essential details of daily life.
Why It Matters ?
57st. design is deeply rooted in Chicago’s South Side. By hiring formerly incarcerated individuals, and through providing training and new, specialized skills in its manufacturing facility, 57st design ensures that its profits enrich the community it calls home.
In addition, 57st. believes in functional, straightforward design in whatever work of furniture they construct. They use solid hardwoods and hand-rubbed finishes, not only because they look amazing, but because in turn they allow for furniture that can be easily repaired, and thus furniture that’s more likely to last.
This is what an impact-driven and sustainable business looks like.