- Provenance: North America, 20th Century
- Dimensions: 19" W x 16" D x 32" H (Seat Height: 17")
- There is no assembly required for this item
- Safety Notice: This piece is not suitable for households with young children
Heirloom: Due to this item's handcrafted or reclaimed nature, there may be slight variations or imperfect qualities that give character to this one of a kind heirloom
- Timeless Aesthetic: This item is ageless in aesthetic, avoiding obsolescence, limited use, or an otherwise shortened lifespan due to changing styles and trends
What Have We Here ?
For over a century, American furniture factories have been producing folding chairs to meet the communal demands of schools, churches, and many other civic needs. Hardwood seats like this one have been replaced by cheaper plastic and metal versions lately, but the beauty of their simple design persists.
How to Use It ?
Folding chairs have been designed and used since at least the time of the Roman Empire. Even Julius Caesar needed a way to quickly seat a few extra guests without cluttering his dining room every day. Store this chair out of the way and unfold it when you need it.
Why It Matters ?
The timeless beauty of the folding chair lies in its multi-functionality. A simple, reliable form can be used again and again without wasting resources.