- Designer: 57st design
- Provenance: North America, 21st Century
- Expected Lifespan: Built to last 70+ years with proper care
- Designed and constructed in Chicago, IL
- Dimensions: 56" W x 23" D x 29" H
- Made to Order: This piece is made to order just for you!
- Ineligible for Return: Once purchased, this design cannot be returned
- Lead Time: Please allow 6-8 weeks for production and delivery
- White-Glove Delivery: This item ships anywhere within the continental United States and will be unpackaged and installed as you wish
- All products are comprised of solid hardwood walnut
- Wood is a combination of FSC-Certified, repurposed or recycled
- Low-to-no VOC paints and varnishes
- No toxic outputs are created during the manufacturing of 57st. design’s products
What Have We Here ?
Deceptively minimal, the Simone Table combines different design eras and traditions. The dovetails are a longtime favorite of traditional woodworkers and are as beautiful as they are strong, while the hand-rubbed, natural oil and wax finish recalls Scandinavian modernism. In addition, the dovetails are spaced irregularly, adding visual complexity to an otherwise understated form.
How to Use It ?
Despite the addition of new technologies, many facts of human life remain the same. For instance, we need a sturdy table to eat or work at. The Simone Table is as timeless in design as the need it fulfills. Upgrade your dining room or office with this classic and handsome work of design.
Why It Matters ?
57st. design is deeply rooted in Chicago’s South Side. By hiring formerly incarcerated individuals and providing training in new, specialized skills in its manufacturing facility, 57st. design ensures that its success enrich the community it calls home.
In addition, 57st. believes in functional, straightforward design in whatever work of furniture they construct. They use solid hardwoods and hand-rubbed finishes, not only because they look amazing, but because in turn they allow for furniture that can be easily repaired, and thus furniture that’s more likely to last.
This is what an impact-driven and sustainable business looks like.