- Designer: 57st. design
- Provenance: North America, 21st Century
- Expected Lifespan: Built to last 70+ years with proper care
- Designed and constructed in Chicago, IL
- Dimensions: 76" W x 35" D x 30" H
- All products are comprised of solid hardwood walnut
- Wood is a combination of FSC-Certified, repurposed or recycled
- Low-to-no VOC paints and varnishes
- No toxic outputs are created during the manufacturing of 57st. design’s products
What Have We Here ?
The Fifty-Seventh Street Trestle Table is a contemporary reinterpretation of a classic. The four modular components which make up the body of the table are held together by a single crosspiece fastened at either end by simple mortise keys. This straightforward design highlights classic construction techniques which are as satisfying today as they were millennia ago.
How to Use It ?
Organize an active space around this table, letting its sculptural frame anchor the whirl of your day-to-day. We foresee everything from a company’s forecasting meeting to even an endearing family or lively group of friends gathering for dinner around its smooth surface. Whatever your individual needs may be, this work is ready and willing to support the daily goings on of life.
Why It Matters ?
57st. design is deeply rooted in Chicago’s South Side. By hiring formerly incarcerated individuals, and through providing training and new, specialized skills in its manufacturing facility, 57st. design ensures that its profits enrich the community it calls home.
In addition, 57st. believes in functional, straightforward design in whatever work of furniture they construct. They use solid hardwoods and hand-rubbed finishes, not only because they look amazing, but because in turn they allow for furniture that can be easily repaired, and thus furniture that’s more likely to last.
This is what an impact-driven and sustainable business looks like.